Ms. Sharon Lasher, Principal
I hope all our Oyster Bay High School families enjoyed the Spring recess! I want to update you on all the wonderful things happening at Oyster Bay High School during the 4th quarter, which started on April 11!
Our Spring sports are underway, and we are looking forward to many exciting games throughout the season. Please join us as our students shine on the fields in and around Oyster Bay. The full schedule can be found on our website.
We continue with our Honor Society induction ceremonies as follows:
Tuesday, April 26, Social Studies Honor Society along with Quill and Scroll Honor Society, OBHS auditorium, 7:30pm
Thursday, April 28, National Junior Honor Society, OBHS auditorium, 7:00pm
Our AP review sessions have begun and will continue throughout the exam period. We are happy to see so many students taking advantage of this wonderful opportunity. AP exams begin on Monday, May 2 and go through Friday, May 13.
Regents review schedules are being finalized and will be posted to the website once they are complete.
Although it is hard to believe, our year-end concerts and celebratory events will begin in May and continue throughout June as follows:
- May 11 - PTSA 6th to 7th grade transition meeting, OBHS Library, 6:30pm
- May 17 – OBHS Art Show, 6:00-7:30pm; Middle Level Band/Symphonic Band Spring Concert, 7:30pm
- May 19 – OBHS Spring Concert 2 – Middle Level Chorus, Time TBD
- May 23 – Pre-prom meeting, OBHS Auditorium, 7:00pm
- May 25 – OBHS Blood Drive
- June 1 – Underclassmen Academic Awards, Grades 9-11, OBHS front lawn, 6:30pm
- June 3 – OBHS Jazz Fest, OBHS front lawn, 7:00pm
- June 6 – OBHS Science Symposium, Time/location TBD
- June 8 – Senior Academic Awards/Scholarship Night, OBHS front lawn, 6:30pm
- June 9 – OBHS Spring Concert 3, Wind Ensemble and Chamber Singers, time TDB
- June 10 – Senior BBQ
- June 13 – Varsity Athletic Award Banquet, Crest Hollow Country Club, time TBD
- June 22 – Senior Breakfast and Graduation Rehearsal, 10:00am-1:00pm
- June 23 - Senior/Junior Prom, Crescent Beach Club, 7:00pm
- June 25 – OBHS Graduation, OBHS front Lawn, 12:00 noon (Rain date Sunday, June 26)
Sharon Lasher, Principal