Driver Education Documents & Links for Parental Car Instruction
Prior to parental in-car instruction
- A valid NYS Driver’s License(s) for any parent/guardian that will instruct the student.
- A current proof of auto insurance for the vehicle(s) being used for instruction.
- Proof of current DMV inspection(s).
- A signed waiver from the parent/guardian that will be instructing the student.
Click here: Oyster Bay Driver's Education Waiver
Email to these 4 documents to: EMDRVSCH@Optonline.net
- Meeting course requirements:
- Virtual Lectures are to be completed with Mr. Caputo. You may miss, but must make up, THREE classes. Makeup classes must be arranged with Mr. Caputo.
- Driving Portion: Instructional guides for parents/guardians and students must be followed: EMDS Car Instruction Curriculum
III. Upon Completion
You must complete, sign, and submit the following by the end date to EMDRVSCH@Optonline.net:
- Attestation Form: Self Attest
- Driving log: Supervised Driving Log
- Virtual observation hours: To complete virtual observation hours you need to watch videos on this link Driving Observation Videos and complete this form: Virtual Observation Hours
If you need a time extension, please contact KTrentowski@OBENSchools.org
Once all students in the cohort are finished with the requirements, East Meadow Driving School will compile and verify all materials. We will not be able to provide certificates on an individual basis. MV-285 Certificates of Completion will be distributed to the entire class 2-4 weeks after the entire course (lecture and car instruction) is completed.